BEJournal proudly presents a short workshop on writing about nature with award-winning children’s author Michelle Worthington. This video provides the author’s favourite prompts and books for creating a narrative inspired by the natural world. Included is a downloadable guide and competition for an original short story based on a conservation theme or showcasing a conservation group.
To spark your imagination checkout our list of conservation foundations below, visit their sites to draw inspiration for your story.
- Cheetah Conservation Fund
- Rewilding Europe
- Sea Legacy
- Vital Ground
- The Nature Conservancy
- Kindred Spirits Fawn Rescue
- Mission Blue
- David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
- Great Plains Conservation
- Audubon Bird Conservation
- AZA Amphibian Conservation
- Word count: 500-1200.
- Purpose: stories must highlight a conservation group or wildlife cause.
- Entrants: all are welcome, diversity is a key ingredient to a great story.
- Deadline: 12th November 2020
- Guidance: Michelle Worthington is available for questions and can provide feedback on your drafts.
- Format: submit final copy as a word doc or PDF here.